Oh, I was missing the --repository-url= parameter.

So, to compute the base path, we take the "Repository Root" value from "svn
info" and the "URL" value and get the part in "URL" that is after
"Repository Root". Normally, this will be something like "/trunk"

If this value is empty, it hard-codes "/".

Somewhere, this is conflicting with how it's generating the diff.

So try your post-review command from the checkout, but don't pass
--repository-url, and see if that gets any further.