Okay thanks. I was not aware that svn diff did always work directly. I thougt 
maybe the fact that the latest subversion created diffs in unified format got 
it to work now. The suggestion then would have been to add a switch to the 
post-review command to enable/disable the use of GNUdiff/plain svn diff for 
subversion based repositories. That would have made installation/setup of the 
client (at least on windows) a bit easier.

Best regards,




Elardus Erasmus
DigiCore Technologies
Embedded Software Engineer
 [cid:[email protected]]
Tel: +27 12 450 2272 * Fax: +27 12 450 2311
Email: [email protected] * Website: 
www.ctrack.co.za<http://www.ctrack.co.za/> * Email 
Disclaimer<http://www.ctrack.co.za/about_ctrack/email_signature_disclaimer.aspx>



From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Christian Hammond
Sent: 24 April 2012 06:25
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: post-review, subversion and diff engines on windows

Hi,

svn diffs have always directly worked, but there were issues with the diffs 
they produced. I honestly don't remember what they are, so we'd have to dig 
into it a bit, but forcing GNU diff worked around them.

Wish I was more helpful than that.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Elardus Erasmus 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hi there,

I have just upgraded the client side subversion (Windows) to 1.7.4 and RBtools 
to 0.4.1.

After the upgrade post-review did not function anymore. The problem was that 
the diff.exe program of the CollabNet installation messed with my GNU diff.exe. 
I sorted that and it is working now.

During the debugging process I generated a diff set using simply "svn diff 
<file>" (not external diff program specified), and saved the output to a file 
for use with the post-review switch -diff-filename=<file>. It worked. I guess 
it is because "svn diff" now produce unified format diffs.

Are there any plans to do away with GNU diff program requirement on windows?

Best regards,




--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:reviewboard%[email protected]>
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

<<inline: [email protected]>>

Reply via email to