Hi,

So it looks like the call to git --show-toplevel is new in 0.4.2, which is
why it didn't hit you before.

I think the problem is that Python and Git are disagreeing on how paths are
represented. Git is showing a Unix-style path, and Python is doing path
normalization as a Windows-style path.

I'm assuming Git is coming from Cygwin, but Python is not?

When it comes to Windows, both really need to be speaking the same language
when it comes to paths. Both can expect Unix-style, or both can accept
Windows-style, but if you mix-and-match, you'll get paths that don't
actually make sense. And we can't work around that, because we're reliant
upon your Python install 's view of the world.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM, hbCyber <jean.sebastien.le...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> I'm a colleague of Lemuel. After testing, we confirmed that the issue
> resides within RBTools v0.4.2 specifically. Re-installing v0.4.1 allowed us
> to start posting reviews; no change to Cygwin or Git. We will stick to
> 0.4.1 for now, but I'd be curious to know why upgrading to 0.4.2 broke the
> 'system' for us?
>
> Best regards
>

> On Monday, October 15, 2012 5:10:45 PM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looks like this is what git is reporting as the top-level directory.
>> Unfortunately, that means it's beyond us.
>>
>> Just to verify, see what this says:
>>
>>     git rev-parse --show-toplevel

>> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Lemuel Tito <lemuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  When I try to post-review, I get an error after these calls:
>>>
>>> python\Scripts\post-review-**script.py calls
>>> rbtools~.egg\rbtools\**postreview.py calls
>>> rbtools~.egg\rbtools\clients\_**_init__.py calls