Hi Bob,

I suspect we'll end up having a way to better import/export data in time,
but I have no ETA. It is something I foresee us needing though.

As for migrating, we have loaddb/dumpdb management commands that work for
this purpose. 1.6.x contains these built-in, whereas 1.5.x has a script
that can be downloaded. These work like loaddata/dumpdata, but don't have
the memory limit issue.