So that function is doing basically a 'svn cat', but it's also doing a 'svn
propget svn:keywords' on the path with the given revision. Perhaps
something broke there?

Maybe try adding some logging inside scmtools/svn.py inside get_file_data,
before the cat, before the propget, and after the propget. See what turns
up.