Thanks for your quick response. I figured it out (kind of) - the log files were reporting an incorrect version of Pygments:

    raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
VersionConflict: (Pygments 1.4 (/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Pygments-1.4-py2.6.egg), Requirement.parse('Pygments>=1.5'))

I upgraded Pygments using easy_install to the latest version and all is well now. What's strange though is that I already had the correct version of Pygments in the virtualenv in which RB was running, so I'm not sure why I had to upgrade it in the global Python install as well.