Hi, I am the current maintainer of the Reviewboard integration for Eclipse [1] . I was notified by several users that the plugin broke with 1.7, due to date formatting differences [2] . Apparently for 1.6 a formatted date is '2010-08-28 02:26:18.474' while for 1.7 it is '2010-08-28T02:26:18.474Z' ( BTW, there is an incorrect format listed at [3] for 1.6 ; that does not match what 1.6 currently does ).
While I agree that ISO 8601 is a good, non-ambiguous way of formatting dates, it does break backwards compatibility with existing clients, and forces those which need to support both 1.6 and 1.7 to assume ( or accept ) more than they should. It would be good to have a standard way of formatting dates across versions. Thanks, Robert [1]: https://github.com/rombert/ereviewboard [2]: http://github.com/rombert/ereviewboard/issues/issue/11 [3]: http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.6/webapi/2.0/resources/review-request/ -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
