Hi,

There's sort or a way, but it's terrible and will be fully replaced in 1.8.

Extra_data will also be in 1.8 most likely, though it hasn't been written yet.
I'd be open to backporting to 1.7.

1.7's extension code was never meant to be complete, just an early dev preview.
Out expectation is that if an interface is needed, people should get us patches
so we can get things more solidified in 1.8.

Christian