With a bit of tinkering I've found the solution:

    www.mysite.com (wordpress site loads correctly)(mod_php)
    www.mysite.com/reviewboard (reviewboard site loads correctly)(mod_wsgi)

*Important* make sure you clear your browser cache every time you restart
your apache server as I kept falling into the trap of it showing incorrect
data since I forgot to do that.

*Important2* Make sure the "/reviewboard" follows the "reviewboard.wsgi" to
become "reviewboard.wsgi/reviewboard" otherwise it will not work and gives
a 404 error!

Here's the working version:

    <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin myem...@gmail.com
    ServerName www.mysite.com
    DocumentRoot "/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite"
    ErrorLog "/opt/local/apache2/logs/mysite-error_log"
    CustomLog "/opt/local/apache2/logs/mysite-access_log" common

    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias /reviewboard
/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard.wsgi/reviewboard
    <Directory /opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard>
    Allow from all
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>

    Alias /reviewboard/media
"/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard/htdocs/media"
    Alias /reviewboard/static
"/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard/htdocs/static"
    Alias /reviewboard/errordocs
"/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard/htdocs/errordocs"
    Alias /reviewboard/favicon.ico
"/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/mysite/reviewboard/htdocs/static/rb/images/favicon.png"
    </VirtualHost>