Hi James,

Generally speaking, you should never install from a tarball. It requires a
bunch of additional build dependencies you should not deal with. They're really
for our usage. Instead, you should get the eggs only.

There's a lot of dependencies. An offline install is a definite hassle. I'd
recommend installing it in, say, a VM using the same version of Python as the
destination system, and then you'll have a good reference to each thing you'll
need to download and install on the machine.

If you're just looking to try it out, BitNami offers a couple options that may
help:

http://bitnami.com/stack/reviewboard