Hi Matthew,

Yeah, how browsers handle these vendor-specific mimetypes is pretty annoying. It doesn't treat them as text/xml or application/json. I keep brainstorming around creating browser-friendly encoders for the URLs, but it's pretty far down the priority list. In the meantime, curl is useful, and I believe there are some browser extensions meant for seeing these payloads for development purposes.

For rbt-post, does your .reviewboardrc still point to /reviews/?

Christian

Matthew Dawes wrote:
My Review Board 1.7.10 installation seems to be working for the most
part. I can navigate and update all the admin pages and can view the
dashboard, groups, submitters, etc but I am having an issue displaying
any of the API url's. The browser wants to download them instead of
display them. It sees them as type
application/vnd.reviewboard.org.root+xml. When I download the files they
are properly formatted XML.

On a possibly related note, when I am trying to use rbt post CHG# to
post a review I am getting an HTTP 404. I set up my RB installation at
/var/www/reviews with the site web root at /. I have installed a
previous site with the site web root at /reviews/ but rbt still seems to
be looking at http://<my-ip>/reviews/api/ instead of
http://<my-ip>/api/. I changed my site web root to /reviews/ to try and
match what it was looking for but I think the API URLs not displaying is
still causing a problem.

Here is the output of my rbt post -d:

rbt post 9509 -d
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Git repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: git.cmd rev-parse --git-dir
DEBUG:root:Command exited with rc 128: ['git.cmd', 'rev-parse', '--git-dir']
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
---
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Mercurial repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a CVS repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Perforce repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: p4 info
DEBUG:root:Running: diff --version
DEBUG:root:repository info: Path: <p4 server path>, Base path: None,
Supports changesets: True
DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://<my-ip>/reviews/api/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\rbt-script.py", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('RBTools==0.5.1', 'console_scripts', 'rbt')()
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/rbtools/commands/main.py", line
99, in
main
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/rbtools/commands/__init__.py",
line 15
8, in run_from_argv
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/rbtools/commands/post.py", line
448, i
n main
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/rbtools/commands/__init__.py",
line 26
0, in get_api
rbtools.commands.CommandError: Unexpected API Error: HTTP 404

Thanks,

Matt