I built an extension just for this purpose, its available at
https://github.com/rajasaur/rb-extension-pack/tree/master/rbbroadcastmessage

Instructions to install are also available in the same page, but if you
prefer a pre-built tarball instead of clone and setup.py install, please
let me know. There is one available at
https://github.com/rajasaur/rb-extension-pack/tree/gh-pages/downloads/rbbroadcastmessage,
but I will need to test this again as it was tested a few months ago.

Best regards,
Raja