Hello,
     I'm having trouble with configuring ReviewBoard for LDAP.  I know I'm
doing this correctly, because it works for my Subversion and Redmine
instances.  I'm not expecting much out of this, because I've seen others
have had LDAP authentication issues like mine and haven't had much luck
either.

None of my LDAP users authenticate.  I get varying issues with trying
various configurations.  The best I can get is a connection, with an error
in my reviewboard.log stating:

     LDAP error: The specified object does not exist in the Directory or
provided invalid credentials: uid=mpigott,dc=XXXXX,dc=org

I have an OpenLDAP server running on the same machine as my Reviewboard
instance.  It has an admin account of "cn=admin,dc=XXXXX,dc=org" with a
password.  I don't have SASL set up, so it's just using the basic
authentication.

Server:
    I have tried all of the following:

ldap://localhost/
ldap://localhost:389/
ldap://localhost/DC=XXXXX,DC=org?uid  (to the unfamiliar, this is Apache's
LDAP authentication URL)

LDAP Base DN:
     dc=XXXXX,dc=org
     ou=people,dc=XXXXX,dc=org

Given Name Attribute:
     givenName

Surname Attribute:
     sn

Full Name Attribute:
     cn

E-mail Domain
     <blank>
     XXXXX.org

E-mail LDAP Attribute
     mail

User Mask:
     uid=%s                                 => This gives me the error
"LDAP error: The specified object does not exist in the Directory or
provided invalid credentials: uid=mpigott,dc=XXXXX,dc=org"
     uid=%s,dc=XXXXX,dc=org    => Same error.
     (uid=%s)                               => This gives me the error
"LDAP error: {'info': 'invalid DN', 'desc': 'Invalid DN syntax'}", with a
corresponding error in syslog stating either "invalid dn
((uid=mpigott),ou=people,dc=XXXXX,dc=org)" or "invalid dn
((uid=mpigott),dc=XXXXX,dc=org)", depending on the above configurations.

After looking at backends.py (
http://reviewboard.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/reviewboard/accounts/backends.py
), I was hoping the problem was that I did not set an anonymous username or
password.  From the logic, it looked like I could try to set the following:

Anonymous User:
      cn=admin,dc=XXXXX,dc=org

Anonymous Password
      <Admin Password>

Except, this time I get the error:

"An error while LDAP-authenticating: ValueError('need more than 1 value to
unpack',)"

That appears to be a Python error that occurs when a list of items is too
short.  I noticed that the LDAP Anonymous Password never shows up on the
admin screen; perhaps it is not saved?

At any rate, any help is appreciated, though I'm about to give up and just
use Registration authentication.

Thanks,
Mike