Could we get some attention from the RB team regarding:
https://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=2544

The hack suggested in the bug fixed the issue for us, but since it's
monkeypatched we are unable to upgrade to the latest ReviewBoard.

I'm happy to contribute time, but I don't know enough about PyLucene to be
helpful. It's obvious that the bug affects multiple people, and it's
probably a good idea to make the search code more resilient.