Stephen, as ever, thanks for your insights and the great feedback, and the

Yes, I believe the original terminology came from Django, many years ago.
If I remember correctly, our initial LDAP support was a third-party patch
back when Review Board was very, very young, and over the years many
contributors have submitted patches that altered behavior. We didn't do the
greatest jobs of keeping the help text or labels in sync with the behavior.

I'm going through your patch now. I'd be happy to get this in for the next
1.7.x and for 2.0.

Get the Review Board Power Pack at
Happy user? Let us know at
For more options, visit