On 01/07/2014 08:20 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Stephen, as ever, thanks for your insights and the great feedback, and
> the patch.
>
> Yes, I believe the original terminology came from Django, many years
> ago. If I remember correctly, our initial LDAP support was a third-party
> patch back when Review Board was very, very young, and over the years
> many contributors have submitted patches that altered behavior. We
> didn't do the greatest jobs of keeping the help text or labels in sync
> with the behavior.
>
> I'm going through your patch now. I'd be happy to get this in for the
> next 1.7.x and for 2.0.

Thanks! I suspect it's not perfect (I realized this afternoon that it
almost certainly needs to include updates to the documentation sources
as well), but I haven't had a chance today to work on it further. I
wanted to get my initial work up for consideration in the meantime, so
if you decided it wasn't the correct approach, I could can it before
spending more time :)