To mimic your email practice, about creating review groups containing all
reviewers and then specifically calling out "required" reviewers in
target-people ?

You could enforce that policy via an external API or an extension. We don't
use the above policy exactly, but we do have a script that applies our
policy in order to close reviews.

Hope that helps.

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:31:01 PM UTC-8, Javins, Walt wrote:
>  Has there been any discussion around ‘required’ vs ‘optional’ reviewers
> on a rrq?
> Prior to Review Board, we would use email for CR, and could specify the
> ‘To:’ vs ‘Cc:’ headers to communicate the importance that a particular
> individual or group look at a piece of code.  E.g. A lot of time we’ll put
> new team members on a CR to help them learn the code/development standards
> by observing, but their yea/nay isn’t strictly necessary. I’ve had several
> of my consumers ask about implementing similar features, and I was
> wondering if the RB community has tackled similar issues or requests.
> I searched the mailing list archives, and came across many policy
> enforcement threads which shed a lot of light on the issue, and RB’s
> somewhat hands-off approach given the complexities of different orgs
> different CR policies.  Even so, I’m interested to know what other
> community members have implemented to handle ‘these people must review the
> code’ whereas ‘these people may be interested’ in the patch.
> Thanks,
> Walt

Get the Review Board Power Pack at
Happy user? Let us know at