Hi Christian,

The version of Python did not change, they are both running Python 2.6.6. I
gained some ground on this and got past the error by copying the 'rb'
symbolic link into the media folder, then I set 775 permissions on all of
the site-packages in the /usr/lib/python folder. I'm now very confused
because it's requesting that I have the website in the root directory of
apache where it never used to be.

The apache virtual host seems like it's being ignored. Did the upgrade make
a new virtual host for itself?