Hi Bruce,

That’s pretty slow. I think I know why. I’m looking into fixes for 2.0.2.

On June 4, 2014 at 3:37:22 PM, Bruce Cran (bruce.c...@gmail.com) wrote:

Thanks. For some reason a rebuild takes 10 minutes while an update takes 25, so
they're obviously doing something different - except I'd expect the update to
be much faster.

user@host:~$ sudo time rb-site manage /var/www/reviews rebuild_index

WARNING: This will irreparably remove EVERYTHING from your search index in
connection 'default'.
Your choices after this are to restore from backups or rebuild via the
`rebuild_index` command.
Are you sure you wish to continue? [y/N] y
Removing all documents from your index because you said so.
All documents removed.
Indexing 23541 review requests
559.70user 19.73system 10:07.33elapsed 95%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
1406992maxresident)k
0inputs+2003624outputs (0major+1570308minor)pagefaults 0swaps

user@host:~$ sudo time rb-site manage /var/www/reviews update_index
Indexing 23543 review requests
1432.76user 46.71system 25:10.14elapsed 97%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
1976368maxresident)k
0inputs+7576352outputs (0major+2648455minor)pagefaults 0swaps

--
Bruce