I'm in the middle of switching over to a new ReviewBoard server instance
and I would like at some future point to prevent existing users from
creating new reviews on the old RB instance.

I'd like the active reviews on the old RB instance to continue to be
accessed so they can be finalised and closed in due course. Is there a way
to disable the web API RBTools uses? I'd also like the "New review"
link/page to also not function.

Any suggestions on how best to achieve this?