It's very hard to tell what should be in there because the file just looks
like garbage characters.

Can you confirm:
- You're letting 'rbt post' create your diff (and not using --diff-filename)
- That revision 5 has been committed to the repository, and your local
checkout has that revision.
- That if you run 'svn diff' in your checkout, what you get looks the same
as the file hello.txt.diff that you attached.

-David


On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Shahadat Hossain <s.hossain1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> David i attached the files.
>
> Thanks
>
>
> On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:21:50 AM UTC+6, Shahadat Hossain wrote:
>>
>>
>> When i get to /tmp directory tmp/reviewboard.zsgPUK/ i get 4 files which
>> i already attach in the attachment. It seems the content of the diff file
>> is what i expected. But i can't understand why this issue is happening in
>> reviewboard view diff button. still having the same issue.
>>
>> Diff currently unavailable.  *Error:* The patch to '/hello.txt' didn't
>> apply cleanly. The temporary files have been left in
>> '/tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND' for debugging purposes. `patch` returned:
>> patching file /tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND/tmp8L1ETn Hunk #1 FAILED at 1. 1
>> out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 
>> /tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND/tmp8L1ETn-new.rej
>>   Details <http://107.109.6.236/r/97/diff/#>
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/views.py",
>>  line 251, in view_diff_fragment
>>     diff_file = get_requested_diff_file()
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/views.py",
>>  line 171, in get_requested_diff_file
>>     populate_diff_chunks(files, highlighting, request=request)
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>  line 344, in populate_diff_chunks
>>     chunks = generator.get_chunks()
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>  line 137, in get_chunks
>>     large_data=True)
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Djblets-0.7.30-py2.7.egg/djblets/util/misc.py",
>>  line 157, in cache_memoize
>>     data = lookup_callable()
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>  line 136, in <lambda>
>>     lambda: list(self._get_chunks_uncached()),
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>  line 142, in _get_chunks_uncached
>>     new = get_patched_file(old, self.filediff, self.request)
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>  line 152, in get_patched_file
>>     return patch(diff, buffer, filediff.dest_file, request)
>>   File 
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>  line 96, in patch
>>     (filename, tempdir, patch_output))
>> Exception: The patch to '/hello.txt' didn't apply cleanly. The temporary 
>> files have been left in '/tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND' for debugging purposes.
>> `patch` returned: patching file /tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND/tmp8L1ETn
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
>> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 
>> /tmp/reviewboard.VeF_ND/tmp8L1ETn-new.rej
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Shahadat
>>
>>
>> On Friday, July 18, 2014 9:55:18 AM UTC+6, David Trowbridge wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you check the contents of the tmp file and the patch file and verify
>>> that they're what you expect?
>>>
>>> -David
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Shahadat Hossain <s.hoss...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Also i am getting the below error in the reviewboard server while i try
>>>> to view the diff from view diff button.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Diff currently unavailable.  *Error:* The patch to '/hello.txt' didn't
>>>> apply cleanly. The temporary files have been left in
>>>> '/tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL' for debugging purposes. `patch` returned:
>>>> patching file /tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL/tmp8IOq8N Hunk #1 FAILED at 1. 1
>>>> out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 
>>>> /tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL/tmp8IOq8N-new.rej
>>>>   Details <http://107.109.6.236/r/92/diff/#>
>>>>
>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/views.py",
>>>>  line 251, in view_diff_fragment
>>>>     diff_file = get_requested_diff_file()
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/views.py",
>>>>  line 171, in get_requested_diff_file
>>>>     populate_diff_chunks(files, highlighting, request=request)
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>>>  line 344, in populate_diff_chunks
>>>>     chunks = generator.get_chunks()
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>>>  line 137, in get_chunks
>>>>     large_data=True)
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Djblets-0.7.30-py2.7.egg/djblets/util/misc.py",
>>>>  line 157, in cache_memoize
>>>>     data = lookup_callable()
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>>>  line 136, in <lambda>
>>>>     lambda: list(self._get_chunks_uncached()),
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/chunk_generator.py",
>>>>  line 142, in _get_chunks_uncached
>>>>     new = get_patched_file(old, self.filediff, self.request)
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>>>  line 152, in get_patched_file
>>>>     return patch(diff, buffer, filediff.dest_file, request)
>>>>   File 
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.26-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/diffviewer/diffutils.py",
>>>>  line 96, in patch
>>>>     (filename, tempdir, patch_output))
>>>> Exception: The patch to '/hello.txt' didn't apply cleanly. The temporary 
>>>> files have been left in '/tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL' for debugging purposes.
>>>> `patch` returned: patching file /tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL/tmp8IOq8N
>>>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
>>>> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 
>>>> /tmp/reviewboard.2r0DmL/tmp8IOq8N-new.rej
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Shahadat
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Friday, July 18, 2014 9:32:57 AM UTC+6, Shahadat Hossain wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi david
>>>>>
>>>>> I observer another thing. When i remove the postreview.py file and use
>>>>> hello.txt as file and make changes.It is creating the diff but i can't 
>>>>> view
>>>>> the diff in view diff button in reviewboard server. Is there any extension
>>>>> and file size restriction i am facing? i am attaching the log. Please help
>>>>> me on that.
>>>>>
>>>>> E:\svn\newRepo>rbt post --debug
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info --non-interactive
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: diff --version
>>>>> DEBUG:root:repository info: Path: https://s-12510870.sbrcdomain.
>>>>> com/svn/newRepo, Base path: /, Supports changesets: False
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://107.109.6.236/api/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://107.109.6.236/api/info/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn st
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn diff --diff-cmd=diff
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info hello.txt
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info hello.txt
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info hello.txt
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info hello.txt
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>> w-requests/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP POST request to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>> w-requests/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>> w-requests/95/diffs/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP POST request to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>> w-requests/95/diffs/
>>>>> DEBUG:root:Making HTTP GET request to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>> w-requests/95/draft/
>>>>> Review request #95 posted.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://107.109.6.236/r/95/
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Shahadat
>>>>>
>>>>> On Friday, July 18, 2014 2:54:23 AM UTC+6, David Trowbridge wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can you try running 'svn up' and retrying the 'rbt post' command? SVN
>>>>>> sometimes has issues with partially-synced trees after certain types of
>>>>>> operations.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -David
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Shahadat Hossain <
>>>>>> s.hoss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Dear Concern,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I am using Reviewboard server 1.7.26 and RBTtools 0.5.7 for creating
>>>>>>> review-request in reviewboard server with post-review support.But i am
>>>>>>> currently having problem while creating diff on files in reviewboard
>>>>>>> server. Please check the below log while creating the diff in 
>>>>>>> reviewboard
>>>>>>> server.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> post-review --debug
>>>>>>> The "post-review" tool is deprecated in favor of the"rbt" suite of
>>>>>>> commands. post-review will go away in RBTools 0.6.x.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> >>> RBTools 0.5.7
>>>>>>> >>> Python 2.7.3 (default, Feb 27 2014, 20:00:17)
>>>>>>> [GCC 4.6.3]
>>>>>>> >>> Running on Linux-3.2.0-65-generic-pae-i68
>>>>>>> 6-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise
>>>>>>> >>> Home = /home/sbrc
>>>>>>> >>> Current Directory = /home/sbrc/svn/new/newRepository/newRepo
>>>>>>> >>> Checking the repository type. Errors shown below are mostly
>>>>>>> harmless.
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info --non-interactive
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: diff --version
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:repository info: Path: https://s-12510870.sbrcdomain.
>>>>>>> com/svn/newRepo, Base path: /, Supports changesets: False
>>>>>>> >>> Finished checking the repository type.
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting api/info/
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn st
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn diff --diff-cmd=diff
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info postreview.py
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info postreview.py
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info postreview.py
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: svn info postreview.py
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting api/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/info/
>>>>>>> >>> Using the new web API
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/1/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/1/info/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/2/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/2/info/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/3/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/3/info/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/4/
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP GETting http://107.109.6.236/api/repositories/4/info/
>>>>>>> DEBUG:root:repository info: Path: https://s-12510870.sbrcdomain.
>>>>>>> com/svn/newRepo, Base path: /, Supports changesets: False
>>>>>>> >>> Attempting to create review request on svn for None
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP POSTing to http://107.109.6.236/api/review-requests/:
>>>>>>> {'repository': 'svn'}
>>>>>>> >>> Review request created
>>>>>>> >>> Uploading diff, size: 764
>>>>>>> >>> HTTP POSTing to http://107.109.6.236/api/revie
>>>>>>> w-requests/82/diffs/: {'basedir': '/'}
>>>>>>> >>> Got API Error 207 (HTTP code 400): The file was not found in the
>>>>>>> repository
>>>>>>> >>> Error data: {u'stat': u'fail', u'file': u'/postreview.py',
>>>>>>> u'err': {u'msg': u'The file was not found in the repository', u'code':
>>>>>>> 207}, u'revision': u'4'}
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Error uploading diff
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/pow
>>>>>>> erpack/
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons:
>>>>>>> https://rbcommons.com/
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>>> send an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  --
>>>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/
>>>> powerpack/
>>>> ---
>>>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
>>>> ---
>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>> ---
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>>  --
> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
> ---
> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
> ---
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "reviewboard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
---
Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to