Hi Daniel,

Git has no ability to fetch individual file/revisions from a remote repository,
so it’s not possible to just point to one. Instead, we have to either use a web
front-end (like cgit, gitweb, or anything that provides an accessible URL
fetching the raw file contents for a given path/SHA1), or a service’s API.

It looks like they may have such an API, but their docs on it are pretty bad.
From looking through them, it doesn’t immediately look like it provides the
(very basic) functionality we would need. For instance, I don’t see anything
for getting the content of a file.

However, Gerrit does have an API, so it’s possible that support could be
written to piggy-back on that and get the data we need. Unfortunately, it’s not
flexible enough to be useable as the raw file URL, so explicit support in
Review Board would need to be written.

That all being said, short of doing a paid development project, or someone
volunteering a patch I won’t be able to get to this any time soon… Best bet
right now is to see if TeamForge has any accessible URL for viewing the raw
contents that takes a full SHA1 and a filename in the URL, and doesn’t require
authentication to access it.

On August 12, 2014 at 5:51:22 AM, Daniel Laird (daniel.j.la...@googlemail.com)