On Aug 26, 2014, at 20:22, Christian Hammond <christ...@beanbaginc.com> wrote:

> Can you try changing the media URL to have a '/' as a suffix? So:
> /rb/htdocs/media/, instead of /rb/htdocs/media.

I did this, restarted the web server, and tried to download the attachment
again.  It still failed, but the access_log file shows that it's trying to
download it from the correct directory:

  /rb/htdocs/media/uploaded/files/2014/07/29/...

So clearly something changed for the better, yet I still can't download
attachments.  Any suggestions for next steps on how to debug this?  I verified
that the file it's trying to download does exist on the web server's file
system by cutting and pasting the path shown in the access_log file and
appending it to the web server root directory (/var/www/html).

Some more data: in /etc/http/conf.d/rb.conf the DocumentRoot is defined as
/var/www/html/rb/htdocs.  Should the media URL be relative to this?  Everything
else appears to be working fine...

Alfred