No luck.
Yes I did create a seperate site directory for the 1.7.27, called it
/var/www/review27,  thats been deleted.
ran easy_install with the command line 'easy_install ReviewBoard==1.7.6'
then also ran 'rb-site install /var/www/reviewboard',
then tried 'easy_install ReviewBoard-1.7.6-py2.6.egg'  and 'rb-site install
/var/www/reviewboard'

Getting similar error, in that it still remembers 1.7.27:
/var/www/review27/htdocs/media/uploaded/images
is missing

So same question,
where is the path info of  1.7.27 version saved to?
How does it keep remembering I had run easy_install on 1.7.27?

thanks for helping.