On 09/23/2014 03:38 PM, David Carson wrote:
> After following all directions for installing ReviewBoard 2.0 on CentOS
> 7, I am still seeing one error that bothers me.  When I try to restart
> httpd, it remains in *'starting'* state and will never go to *'active
> (running)'* state.  However, if I remove the following file, httpd
> starts and stops properly.
>    /usr/lib/systemd/system/httpd.service.d/reviewboards-sites.conf
> I only discovered this file because there was an error in
> /var/log/messages regarding the line "type=oneshot" (which should be
> "*T*ype=oneshot").  After correcting the spelling, I no longer see the
> error, but I cannot start httpd either.
> I have moved this file out of the way, and my ReviewBoard installation
> is now working, at least to the point of bringing up the interface and
> allowing me to login as admin.  But I'm wondering what the repercussions
> of removing the systemd file might be.

I'll field this one, since this bit is unique to my packages. The
purpose of that oneshot target is to guarantee that the Review Board
automatically runs 'rb-site upgrade' for all sites when it is started up
(thus guaranteeing that if you perform an RPM upgrade, it will upgrade
Review Board the next time it is started.

I'm curious why it's hanging during the upgrade step, though. Can you
check the journal for what's happening when you see that?

The command 'journalctl -e -u httpd.service' should give you the output.
It's possible that there's a bug in the upgrade routine. Have you
checked for SELinux denials?