Hi Stephen,

We never intentionally had the behavior of sending e-mails on behalf of the
user instead of the owner of the review request. I think we did have a bug
for a little while where this was the case, but it was internally tracked
as the review request owner. The e-mail code was just using the wrong
variable. So technically, what we have now is correct, but there's room for
improving this.

We've played around in the past with the ability to have more fine-grained
user tracking for actions like this. We have nothing close to landing, but
we do want to properly differentiate between updates made by the review
request owner and updates made by an administrator/another user with
permissions to close/edit.

This is the master bug for this work:
https://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=2187