On Wed, 2014-11-26 at 05:31 -0800, Dan Holmes wrote:
> subvertpy.  felt like the instructions favored that one.
>

> On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:21:26 PM UTC-5, David Trowbridge
> wrote:
>         Are you using the pysvn or subvertpy backend?

In my experience (on Fedora), I've found that the pysvn option is the
better one. As I understand it, subvertpy is mainly there because it can
be installed with easy_install, but it's not nearly as mature as pysvn.

Since your operating system includes a pysvn package, it would probably
be best to install that using apt and try again. If that works, then
there's a bug in the subvertpy support somewhere that can be looked
into, but you'll be up and running in the meantime.