I don't use SVN, I use Perforce but I'm but I stated getting the "The
current directory does not contain a checkout from a supported
source code repository. " error.  This started happening after I upgraded
my P4V client to be the latest 64 bit client.
I also have P4W installed as a 32 bit client.  What changed?
It turns out that the 64 bit Perforce path was placed in front of the 32
bit Perforce path.
Reversing these so the 32 bit path was found first fixed this issue for me.

I'm posting this here because I found this thread using Google to look for
a solution to this problem and I haven't seen this solution posted anywhere.