Hello Review Board users / developers,

What is the recommended approach for reconstructing a work copy of the
changes in a review request?

I am most specifically interested in Git where branching may occur.

It seems that an approach would be to

1. Checkout the repo with the base revision which I can get from the Review
Board API.
2. rbt patch to apply the changes

However, it seems that I can't always just checkout from the base revision
as that revision may be in a unpushed branch.

How can I reconstruct the repo up to the point where the base revision is
if I can't directly check out the changes. Does Review Board store all the
diffs leading up to the uploaded diff for branches? Is this information
exposed to the user?