We have had some recent employee departures, leaving a few open requests
owned by submitters who are no longer at the company.

I don't see any way -- short of changing the underlying database -- to
reassign these requests to another user.  Is there any such admin function?

If not, and I do change the underlying database, what other fields might
have to be adjusted as well?  I can think of the open count, which I
haven't quite found in the db yet, but I'm sure is there.  Anything else?

Thanks,
David