I'm trying to restore a ReviewBoard server after a hardware system failure.
 This is a live system and I'm under pressure to get it back up.  I'm very
close to having it working, but I'm hitting a UnicodeDecodeError.  (Yes, I
know there are other topics on this forum regarding UnicodeDecodeError, but
none of them seem quite the same as mine.)

The new server is running 2.0.18.  The old server was running 2.0.15.  I
think this may be part of the problem.

I installed 2.0.18 using yum on CentOS 7.0.  I then created the reviewboard
database in mariadb (aka MySQL) and proceeded to restore the SQL backup
from my old system.  This went without any problems, to my great relief.  I
was expecting problems, since the backup is from an older version of RB.

Then I ran `rb-site upgrade /path/to/rbsite`, also without any errors.

The site displays fine.  I can do various admin functions fine, including
displaying the latest activity that was backed up.

However, when I try to open any review, I get the UnicodeDecodeError:

    2015-07-30 17:50:35,484 - ERROR -  - Exception thrown for user dcarson
at http://reviewboard.extremenetworks.com/r/3254/

    'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 0: ordinal not in
range(128)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py",
line 112, in get_response
        response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args,
**callback_kwargs)
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/accounts/decorators.py", line
23, in _check
        return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/site/decorators.py", line 35,
in _check
        return view_func(request, local_site=local_site, *args, **kwargs)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/reviews/views.py",
line 717, in review_detail
        'screenshots': screenshots,
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/reviews/context.py", line 95,
in make_review_request_context
        upload_diff_form = UploadDiffForm(review_request, request=request)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/reviews/forms.py",
line 95, in __init__
        data, *args, **kwargs)
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/diffviewer/forms.py", line
41, in __init__
        if self.repository.get_scmtool().get_diffs_use_absolute_paths():
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/scmtools/models.py", line
231, in get_scmtool
        return cls(self)
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/scmtools/svn/__init__.py",
line 74, in __init__
        local_site_name)
      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/scmtools/svn/__init__.py",
line 441, in build_client
        client = Client(config_dir, repopath, username, password)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reviewboard/scmtools/svn
*/pysvn.py"*, line 41, in __init__
        self.client.set_default_password(six.text_type(password))
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 0:
ordinal not in range(128)

One thing I'm wondering is why pysvn is being used, instead of subvertpy.
 I thought I read that the new default was subvertpy.

It does not seem to matter which review request I try to open.  They all
give me this error.  This leads me to believe that it is not a case of some
weird character in an individual request.

Any help would be most appreciated.  Thanks.