Hi Christian,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm using local repo due to not having
the gitweb/cgit etc. I locally cloned the git repository under my home
directory. The whole repository has read privileges to all users of the
system (chmod -R ugo+r foo) already.

However, the error message when I try to save the repository configuration
is always "Permission denied accessing the local Git repository
'/home/user/foo/.git'"

Are there any log files where I can see specific logs related to the error?

I've also installed the beta 2.5 version and tried with that but get the
same error message.

Thanks again!