They're part of the site_siteconfiguration table, but if it's showing as
checked, then that's fine. The issue you're hitting has not come up before,
that I've seen, so I expect it's something internal.

In that code block you pasted, there's this:

    try:
        # TODO: Try to figure out the right lexer for these files
        #       once instead of twice.
        if not source_file.endswith(self.STYLED_EXT_BLACKLIST):
            markup_a = self._apply_pygments(old or '', source_file)

        if not dest_file.endswith(self.STYLED_EXT_BLACKLIST):
            markup_b = self._apply_pygments(new or '', dest_file)
    except:
        pass

Modify the last two lines to be:

    except Exception as e:
        logging.exception('Failed to apply pygments: %s', e)

Then restart, clear memcached, try loading a diff, and then check the logs
to see what it says.