I do automatic creation of users with the deployment I manage.

What you want to do is write a Python script to do the adding of users via the
Django API, rather than try to get the database changes right. It ends up being
less code, and will work better long term.

Not at my computer, but you need the two or three lines of code that launch
Django properly with the RB configuration, and then the rest is straightforward.

You may need to play around with ReviewBoard permissions as well, and that will
be much easier if you start from the Python APIs

Eric