I too had this issue (MySQL default changing from MyISAM to InnoDB).
Although I understand that this is caused by MySQL version being updated at
the same time as a Reviewboard Update (and migrate).
But would there be any way for the 'upgrade' logic of Reviewboard to post a
more useful error message (DB Table formats dont match) or something like
that.
As I am sure it will save a lot of time for some people (but I dont have
the skills to make these changes sadly)

Dan