I've been developing a script to help get Review Board working within the
particular workflow at my company.
The script uses hg to generate diffs based on certain keywords in the
changeset descriptions.
So far it's going quite well, but I've run in to this odd problem.

When updating a review request with a new diff, if there are files missing
from the new diff that were in the original diff, Review Board seems to
assume that all the original changes to those files have been reverted.

So for instance, if you add a line to foo.c in a review request, then
update the request with a diff that does not mention foo.c, the request
will now show:

orig - 1 : line added in foo.c
1 - 2 : change reverted in foo.c
orig - 2: foo.c is gone

Is this behavior intentional? Is there any way to avoid this?

I've thought of somehow including foo.c in the new diff file with no
change, but there is no easy way for me to get the list of files from the
original request.
I would probably need to start making requests to the api which is a layer
of complication I've avoided so far.

Many thanks