Hi Galen,

Each revision of a diff is meant to contain the entire set of changes you
want reviewed. It sounds like your script may be sending only the latest
commit? If so, you'll need to adjust that to include the entire set of
changes across all of the commits that make up that review request.

The behavior you're seeing is normal in the case of posting a new diff that
doesn't contain the prior commits.

Christian

On Friday, March 18, 2016, Galen Elfert <guelf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been developing a script to help get Review Board working within the
> particular workflow at my company.
> The script uses hg to generate diffs based on certain keywords in the
> changeset descriptions.
> So far it's going quite well, but I've run in to this odd problem.
>
> When updating a review request with a new diff, if there are files missing
> from the new diff that were in the original diff, Review Board seems to
> assume that all the original changes to those files have been reverted.
>
> So for instance, if you add a line to foo.c in a review request, then
> update the request with a diff that does not mention foo.c, the request
> will now show:
>
> orig - 1 : line added in foo.c
> 1 - 2 : change reverted in foo.c
> orig - 2: foo.c is gone
>
> Is this behavior intentional? Is there any way to avoid this?
>
> I've thought of somehow including foo.c in the new diff file with no
> change, but there is no easy way for me to get the list of files from the
> original request.
> I would probably need to start making requests to the api which is a layer
> of complication I've avoided so far.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Galen

> https://rbcommons.com/