In order to incorporate Reviewboard into a slightly unorthodox
Mercurial-based workflow, I created a script that generates a diff by
identifying changeset ranges and files using keywords, and then uses this
diff to post a new review request.
It's been working pretty well so far, but lately it's failed a few times.
The problem happens when changes in the diff have not been pushed to the
server yet. Reviewboard Validation looks for the files on the server using
a revision (which I assume it gets from the diff) that's not there.
What's weird is that sometimes it works. My colleague was able to post a
review request based on changes that had not been pushed. But when he went
to update the request with a new diff it failed.

I guess my question is, when Reviewboard is validating a diff, where does
it get the revision number from to build the URL? Is it taking the first
revision listed in the diff for each file?