Aaron,

Here is how I do this for SVN, it's not the cleanest but it works.  The key
is not to post-review on the branch explicitly, but pseudo-post-review (for
lack of a better term) on the branch relative to trunk.  Make all your
changes to your branch and commit, as you are doing.  Eventually sync the
trunk changes to your branch, resolve conflicts, and commit, as you plan to
do.  Next, in a another working copy merge your branch changes back to
trunk.  Use RBTools to post these uncommitted changes from your working
copy.  This will pick up all the changes from your branch while excluding
all those from trunk.

Good luck,
Griffin