Hi,

Some of our dependencies themselves have dependencies that need
compilation. In this case, my guess is the version of the module from the
apt repository is just too old.

Can you show the entire easy_install log? That'll help me see what package
might be depending on this.

In general, I'd suggest avoiding distro Python packages, as they are
usually out of date. Instead, ensure the container is using the latest pip,
and use that to install. Many packages have pip-compatible wheel files that
have already been compiled.

Christian

Christian Hammond