I'm also having issues, but on Windows 10.

I was able to get patch.exe to run via the link Igor posted above
(http://math.nist.gov/oommf/software-patchsets/patch_on_Windows7.html).

When I manually run patch with the temporary file "rbt patch" creates, it
crashes.  An inspection of the temporary patch file shows windows line
endings (LF) instead of unix line endings (CR/LF).  Adding the "--binary"
option to the patch.exe call
(per http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm) works when
manually run.

Is there any way to get rbt patch to create a temporary patch file with
proper line endings?

FWIW:  I ran this from a linux machine and it works fine.

Thanks!

--Daniel