Hi,

I'm testing the setExtraData in this way now (also to simply the code
demonstration here)

In reviewboard/static/rb/js/views/reviewDialogView.es6.js, method
"_saveReview". I added/modified 2 lines inside the 1st block f of
funcQueue('reviewForm').add:

     *this.model.setExtraData("veto", 1);*

and

     saveFunc.call(this.model, {
                     attrs: ['public', 'shipIt', 'forceTextType',
                           'includeTextTypes', 'publishToOwnerOnly','
*extraData*'],

The expected result is each time one review is saved ,the "veto" field in
extra_data will be saved as well. And I got the payload in client side is:
api_format=json&public=1&ship_it=false&force_text_type=html&include_text_types=raw%2Cmarkdown&extra_data%5Bveto%5D=1

You could see one param "extra_data[veto]:
1" is included inside, while the review resource API doesn't accept it
because it only accepts 3 forms: extra_data:json, extra_data:json-patch and
extra_data.xxx

In my payload, the key name with square brackets "[veto]" is not taken as
correct extra_data fields.

I got the same results in FX and chrome.

Do you have the example code for modified rbstopwatch?