Stephen, thank you for helping me to a better understanding.

Since yesterday I read up about EPEL usage with RHEL and now i think i have
a better grasp of this.

If i got it right, to do a "yum install reviewboard" with more up to date
RB-versions it would be feasible to wait a bit until i can get my hands on
an RHEL8 machine, get the EPEL configured (epel-release-latest-8
<https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm>),
regularly check for good news concerning RB via EPEL and upon arrival be
happily installing via yum (not that i am not happy already, having
realized once more what an amount of time you pour into this!)

So thank you once more and now i am back in lurkmode :)