When doing the following change:

draft = revreq.get_or_create_draft()
revreq.update(**{'extra_data:json' :
json.dumps({'my_dummy_extra_data':'Hello World'
},indent=2,ensure_ascii=False)})
draft.update(public=True)

We get the following response:

rbtools.api.errors.BadRequestError: You attempted to publish a review
request without any modifications. (HTTP 400, API Error 211)

---

(note that we have to use revreq.update() instead of draft.update() , that
might be a related quirk. For the workaround below to succeed, draft seems
to be ignored but revreq works)

---

If we include a dummy change in (for example) the summary, before
public=True, the extra_data is changed as desired.
For example:
draft.update(summary=unicode(draft.summary) + u'\U0001f987')

I don't know if this is a server side issue or an RBTools client issue.

RB 3.0.20
RBTools 1.0.3

We currently work around this issue by committing/publishing twice (add the
bat emoji, and strip it).
A bit ugly because of the history being shown on RB. But it's workable for
us.

Cheers, Tijs