-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/#review129331
-----------------------------------------------------------



Could we get some more background context as to why this change is necessary?  
I've checked the associated Apache JIRA, and there isn't much information there.

In particular, can the submitter please explain why this internal property 
needs to be added, especially considering that the HDFS documentation seems to 
indicate that the public and internal forms of this property should generally 
have the same value? 

Thanks.


ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/BlueprintConfigurationProcessor.java
 (line 858)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/#comment192783>

    Why is this internal property being checked here?  
    
    The update change above seems to indicate that these properties should 
always be set to the same values.  If that is the case, then why is this method 
being modified?



ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/topology/ClusterTopologyImpl.java
 (line 193)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/#comment192785>

    +1 on Sumit's comment.  This change does not appear necessary.



ambari-server/src/test/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/BlueprintConfigurationProcessorTest.java
 (line 4900)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/#comment192786>

    I'm not certain that the tests using the public property should be 
modified.  I'd recommend adding new unit tests to verify that the internal 
property being added here is handled properly.


- Robert Nettleton


On April 18, 2016, 1:07 p.m., Dmytro Sen wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated April 18, 2016, 1:07 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Ambari, John Speidel and Sumit Mohanty.
> 
> 
> Bugs: AMBARI-15791
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-15791
> 
> 
> Repository: ambari
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Blueprint config processing engine should automatically populate 
> dfs.internal.nameservices when it is deploying HA clusters. The work-around 
> till then is to explicitly add the property when submitting the blueprint.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/BlueprintConfigurationProcessor.java
>  1433a1b 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/topology/ClusterTopologyImpl.java
>  4f2f02d 
>   
> ambari-server/src/test/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/BlueprintConfigurationProcessorTest.java
>  834953b 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/46327/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Unit tests passed
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Dmytro Sen
> 
>

Reply via email to