Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24217 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14911: Calcite planner: Fix boolean to numeric comparison
......................................................................


Patch Set 2:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24217/2/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24217/2/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java@123
PS2, Line 123:     if (SqlTypeUtil.isBoolean(type1) && 
SqlTypeUtil.isNumeric(type2)) {
> You are right, and my example does not hold. On the original planner both "
I found some other problems which have now been corrected (and explained in the 
commit) and added e2e tests for them.

But the Case problem was handled by the RexBuilder.

As for the assert issue:  I'm holding off on fixing that, but I will file a 
Jira for it. We shouldn't have the Decimal problem anymore, but if DOUBLE is a 
problem, that would be because Calcite needs to understand that this is ok. 
Calcite allows this through a datatype mapping rule which can be passed in at 
validation time.

However, since it does pass right now, I don't want to complicate this Jira any 
further.  The asserts are turned on though in the JUnit tests, so we can add 
the test there at a later date.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24217
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I764dcbd2fd0d1323bfb964ed91d94cd3def594c0
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24217
Gerrit-PatchSet: 2
Gerrit-Owner: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jason Fehr <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2026 15:52:08 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to