Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24217 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14911: Calcite planner: Fix boolean to numeric comparison
......................................................................


Patch Set 2:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24217/2/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24217/2/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/type/ImpalaTypeCoercionImpl.java@123
PS2, Line 123:     if (SqlTypeUtil.isBoolean(type1) && 
SqlTypeUtil.isNumeric(type2)) {
> Thanks. One test gap remains: TestBinaryExprsWithBoolean still uses the def
I do realize that the Calcite planner isn't enabled for this suite.  But I'm 
putting this one in the category of:

Eventually all tests will run with the Calcite planner on and it will be fully 
tested eventually.

It's kinda inconsistent, but I do sometimes put a test in calcite.test (like I 
did with this patch). Usually I reserve that for just a spot test to make sure 
things are working properly.

We do have a background build that does this every 3 days.  It will eventually 
be more mainstream. But that build would run this "test" file with the Calcite 
planner. The only thing lacking in that build is that the fallback planner is 
still original...but eventually there will also be a run with no fallback 
planner as well, prolly within the next 6 months, I think.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24217
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I764dcbd2fd0d1323bfb964ed91d94cd3def594c0
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24217
Gerrit-PatchSet: 2
Gerrit-Owner: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jason Fehr <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2026 14:05:46 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to