Arnab Karmakar has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24817 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15202: Add explicit CAST support between UUID and STRING
......................................................................


Patch Set 3:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24817/2/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/iceberg-uuid-type.test
File 
testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/iceberg-uuid-type.test:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24817/2/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/iceberg-uuid-type.test@475
PS2, Line 475: CAST(uuid_col AS CHAR(36))
> Interesting. For now maybe we could prevent casting UUID to string types ot
Right, I didnt intend the conversion UUID -> CHAR while working. Its only 
allowed only by accident. I think blocking casts from UUID -> CHAR is the 
cleaner and simpler choice and matches VARCHAR behaviour. I skipped it in 
CastExpr.java with twoStepCastNeeded. Let me know if adding an explicit check() 
in analysis() would be better.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24817
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I51af55c6e343f7155cae22bf3714e293f31561d5
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24817
Gerrit-PatchSet: 3
Gerrit-Owner: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2026 17:03:38 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to