Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24914 )

Change subject: IMPALA-11917: Upgrade to GCC 15 and LLVM 19
......................................................................


Patch Set 5:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24914/5//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24914/5//COMMIT_MSG@10
PS5, Line 10: Upgrades to LLVM 19
> BTW, what prevented upgrading up to version 22.1.8 or even to current 23.1.
Momentum, and this has been an intermittent effort over 3+ years. Impala had a 
lot of fixes needed to upgrade that I'm still cleaning up.

I have gotten 22.1.8 working and don't like being behind on a line that has 
newer fixes, so I'll likely update to 22. Just takes several days to rebuild 
the toolchain and run RELEASE/DEBUG/TSAN/ASAN/UBSAN tests.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24914
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: native-toolchain
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ic7793748ff86d9c27530e135cb3b74319067a971
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24914
Gerrit-PatchSet: 5
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Laszlo Gaal <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 20:38:02 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to