Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24822 )
Change subject: IMPALA-14598: Store HBO cache in Redis/Valkey ...................................................................... Patch Set 5: (1 comment) http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24822/5/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/CacheBackendFactory.java File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/CacheBackendFactory.java: http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24822/5/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/CacheBackendFactory.java@57 PS5, Line 57: switch (backend.trim().toLowerCase(Locale.ROOT)) { > As mentioned in the class comment, I tend to not fail the startup since HBO I understand the hesitancy to fail startup with anything HBO? But I think this is a little different. The default is set fine. If someone is setting this option, they are explicitly trying to use HBO. So they should know that if they set the wrong option via a misspelling, I think failing is reasonable here. -- To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24822 To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF Gerrit-Branch: master Gerrit-MessageType: comment Gerrit-Change-Id: I43a171bcd436f57bcff14ceaaaa98c0f7dcec769 Gerrit-Change-Number: 24822 Gerrit-PatchSet: 5 Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]> Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]> Gerrit-Comment-Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2026 13:57:06 +0000 Gerrit-HasComments: Yes
